Headquartered in Montreal, Reflector, a company of the Bandai Namco group, is a new breed of studio working with top talents to create high-quality, compelling content for global audiences. By employing a true transmedia approach, where content is built outwards from fully fleshed “Storyworlds”, the company is able to tell richer, deeper stories that connect with fans everywhere.
Reporting directly to the Technical Director, the candidate will be defining overall architecture and implementing low-level systems that meet the requirements of the project’s design and technical bibles.
- Work on multiple platforms and on low-level topics, such as : memory management, file system, platform-specific features;
- Analyze and understand the requirements of the game teams, in order to assess their technical feasibility, define and then implement the required features;
- Suggest improvements to the existing pipeline that match the project’s needs;
- Collaborate with artists and designers to push the technical limits of the game engine;
- Analyze code performance and optimize whenever needed;
- Help to determine CPU and memory budgets;
- Develop the required tools in collaboration with the tools team to provide efficient feature development during the production;
- Analyze and support data pipelines, ensuring they’re efficient and reliable;
- Ensure coding standards are followed;
- Ensure the creation of technical documentation.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or computer engineering, or equivalent training or experience;
- 4 to 6 years of equivalent work experience in game industry;
- Good C/C++ and/or C# programming skills, with good knowledge of object oriented development;
- Experience with multiplatform programming;
- Experience with multithreading;
- Excellent understanding of CPU and GPU bottlenecks;
- Good experience with optimizations (both algorithmic and low-level);
- Experience with 3D mathematics and 3D graphics programming is a plus;
- Autonomous and flexible with work organization;
- Good at defining data-driven designs;
- Passionate about playing and making games;
- Good interpersonal and oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to adapt to change;
- Experience with commonly used development tools such as Visual Studio and Perforce;
- Modern console development (PS4 and/or XB1) is mandatory;
- Unreal experience is a plus;
- Strong communication skills in French and English, both oral and written.