Headquartered in Montreal, Reflector, a company of the Bandai Namco group, is a new breed of studio working with top talents to create high-quality, compelling content for global audiences. By employing a true transmedia approach, where content is built outwards from fully fleshed “Storyworlds”, the company is able to tell richer, deeper stories that connect with fans everywhere.
Creates and implements design elements for complex technical systems in the game while serving as a technical reference for project team members. Ensure the correct functioning of the game levels for the creative achievement side as well as game performance.
- Integrate and realize the unique and exotic moments of the game;
- Support the design team in achieving their creative vision;
- Assist in prototyping and production of technical elements of an ingredient or game system;
- Continuously evaluate designs, game features and pipelines, identify risks and seek systemic improvements;
- Assist the level design team in balancing the creative vision of the project with technical budget constraints;
- Contribute to data optimization and validation by ensuring that level designers meet technical standards;
- Write documentation and communicate information on the use of gaming systems and best practices used by the level design team;
- Communicate with various technical departments to improve tools and systems to make the design team more efficient;
- Research and development of game tools and features;
- Optimize game levels as required to provide good game performance.
- Relevant professional experience of more than 5 years in level design or other relevant experience;
- Have delivered at least one game as part of the level design, preferably on a "AAA" console;
- Experience with the Unreal game engine;
- Experience and training in programming is an asset;
- Curiosity and willingness to understand how things work;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
- Adaptability, autonomy, pro-activity;
- Structured, attention to detail, and efficient.