Headquartered in Montreal, Reflector, a company of the Bandai Namco group, is a new breed of studio working with top talents to create high-quality, compelling content for global audiences. By employing a true transmedia approach, where content is built outwards from fully fleshed “Storyworlds”, the company is able to tell richer, deeper stories that connect with fans everywhere.
Under the supervision of the Technical Art Director, the candidate will work in a collaborative, multi-disciplinary environment to create models within the technical requirements of the game to ensure synergy between the environment, its content and the technology used.
- Manage a team of VFX Artists with varied experience.
- Actively participate in the definition of special effects.
- Participate in the development of technical solutions for both in-game and cinematic requirements.
- Create key effects and work with multiple departments for game assets while following the art direction.
- Ensure tasks are completed on time with the desired quality bar.
- Maintain consistency of team deliverables through critiques, feedback, and mentoring.
- Minimum of six (6) years of relevant experience as a VFX artist in the video game industry.
- Bachelor's degree or college diploma in 3D art, computer science, digital art, or equivalent training or experience.
- Participate in at least 2 games as an FX artist, preferably on a 'AAA' console title.
- Strong knowledge of Unreal (especially Niagara), Unity, or other game engines & editors.
- Strong knowledge of 2D/3D software (Maya, Max, Blender, After Effects, Photoshop, Substance, etc.).
- Experience developing VFX shaders, code or node-based.
- Knowledge of Houdini, Fume FX, and RealFlow. (Are assets).
- Strong understanding of modeling, texture mapping, materials, and post-processing.
- Passion for problem-solving.
- Familiarity with data management software.
- Excellent leadership and communication skills.