Headquartered in Montreal, Reflector, a company of the Bandai Namco group, is a new breed of studio working with top talents to create high-quality, compelling content for global audiences. By employing a true transmedia approach, where content is built outwards from fully fleshed “Storyworlds”, the company is able to tell richer, deeper stories that connect with fans everywhere.
Our in-house video game team is presently looking to hire a rigger to work on Unknown 9: Awakening.
- Create custom character rigs in Maya;
- Collaborate with the animation technical team to automate and streamline rigging processes;
- Rig and skin characters and objects to create clean and high-quality animations and improve movements as well as ensure they respect naming conventions;
- Collaborate with the artists, character modelers, technical animators and animation team to understand the game vision and rigging needs;
- Find a balance between artistic aspects and technical limitations with the help of technical animators and Directors;
- Create proxy meshes of existing models to improve framerates;
- Ensure a nomenclature in accordance with the projects standards and the selection sets in the main scenes in order to facilitate animators’ work.
- Minimum three to four (3-4) years experience in game development or equivalent rigging in Maya;
- Experienced working on a published AAA game from conception to release is a strong asset;
- College diploma in 3D Animation or equivalent;
- In-depth knowledge of Maya is a must;
- Knowledge of MotionBuilder and 3DS Max is a plus;
- Experience with Unreal4 is a plus;
- Knowledge of at least one programming or scripting language is preferred;
- An excellent understanding of clothes and anatomy is important;
- A fundamental understanding of animation;
- Rigged at least one character or a complex object (with a video link);
- Good communication skills and the ability to clearly document any work;
- Have a general knowledge of videogames and the methods the developers used to create them;
- Have some experience with facial animation is a must;
- Have a curious nature and a thirst for knowledge;
- Positive team-building skills;
- Proven problem-solving skills adapted to rapid iteration development environment;
- Excellent communication skills in English and French (both oral and written).