Located in Montreal, Reflector Entertainment, a subsidiary of Bandai Namco Group, a renowned entertainment studio that works with the best talents in the industry to produce captivating content for international audiences. Using a transmedia approach focused on creating rich narrative universes, the company is successful in developing compelling original properties that draw fans in across various platforms.
The Lighting Artist will be responsible to light the game world as well as to create mood and atmosphere that are in line with the Art direction of the game. The incumbent will master the engine and tools in order to maintain a high-quality level while ensuring artistic and technical constraints are respected.
- Design lighting systems that will support both visual style and gameplay;
- Verify the quality of the lighting in game and make any necessary changes;
- Correct the lighting bugs to eliminate anomalies;
- Work with the Artistic Director and Art Leads to develop the visual style and validate the quality of the lighting;
- Define workflows and create visual benchmarks;
- Understand the visual references to respect the artistic direction of the project and make suggestions regarding atmosphere and lighting;
- Maintain a consistently high-quality level while ensuring artistic and technical constraints are respected;
- Provide feedback on developing lighting pipelines and tools.
- Minimum of 5 years experience as a Lighting Artist;
- Has shipped at least 1 game as a Lighting Artist; preferably on a ‘AAA’ console title;
- Strong understanding of art fundamentals and design including composition and colour theory;
- Solid technical knowledge of how to create run time lighting in game engines;
- Good knowledge of the video game industry and awareness of typical video game development processes;
- Ability to adapt to change;
- Good team player.