Headquartered in Montreal, Reflector, a company of the Bandai Namco group, is a new breed of studio working with top talents to create high-quality, compelling content for global audiences. By employing a true transmedia approach, where content is built outwards from fully fleshed “Storyworlds”, the company is able to tell richer, deeper stories that connect with fans everywhere.
Reporting directly to the Design Director, the Game Designer will work within a collaborative multi-discipline environment and will be responsible for delivering a great action melee combat system.
- Working closely with the Design Director and other Combat Designer(s), develop a third-person action melee combat system, from the player combat abilities to the enemy design.
- Collaborate with code, animation, art, audio and visual effects to deliver combat systems and enemies that fulfill the creative vision of the game.
- Work in Unreal 4 to prototype and implement all components of the combat system.
- Iterate and push combat to its full potential based on your expertise, coworkers comments as well as playtests feedback.
- Develop and maintain design documentation.
- Establish, maintain and improve relationships with internal and external creative resources.
- Participate proactively in the search for solutions to improve the gaming experience.
- Shipped one AAA title as a Combat Designer;
- Four (4) years or more experience as a Game Designer;
- Experience on third-person action melee titles, an asset;
- Excellent knowledge of game editing tools (including Unreal), an asset;
- Desire to push and develop amazing combat systems and features;
- Ability to conceptualize, analyze and implement game ideas using a variety of tools and technologies;
- Possess a critical, empathetic and collaborative mind able to accept feedback and iterate on features in a team environment;
- Passion for melee combat action games.