Headquartered in Montreal, Reflector, a company of the Bandai Namco group, is a new breed of studio working with top talents to create high-quality, compelling content for global audiences. By employing a true transmedia approach, where content is built outwards from fully fleshed “Storyworlds”, the company is able to tell richer, deeper stories that connect with fans everywhere.
Reporting directly to the Technical, Art Director, the technical artist specialized in materials will work in a multidisciplinary and collaborative environment. He/She will be responsible for creating materials in different CCDs and applying them to different assets and maps using the existing shaders. He/She will have to be able to ensure the coherence and the maintenance of the latter in the different levels of the game while collaborating with the artists and ensuring to correspond to the needs of the artistic direction and the technical constraints.
- Collaborate closely with the game designers, other artists and programmers to define technically and visually satisfying solutions;
- Experiment heavily with game engine to determine best technical approaches;
- Help establish best practices for creating art assets, VFX, shaders, ;
- Track art assets, and optimize in-game budgets;
- Adapt to artistic and technical constraints to create tools, processes and benchmarks that maximize production flow;
- Provide daily support to art and technical team;
- Ensure the creation of technical documentation to be used by art production teams.
- High-level artistic sensibilities and strong technical skills;
- At least 4 years of equivalent work experience in game industry;
- Expertise with shaders programming and/or VFX design;
- Strong knowledge of the PBR pipeline;
- Strong skills with Substance Designer;
- Ability to use Substance Painter and Quixel Bridge;
- Knowledge of Material in Unreal Engine;
- Proficient with 3DS Max, Photoshop and Unity;
- Solid scripting skills (MaxScript, Python, C#, …);
- Significant experience with game engines, and overall understanding of the artistic pipeline and workflow;
- Autonomous and flexible with work organization;
- Passionate about playing and making games;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Ability to adapt to change.