Headquartered in Montreal, Reflector, a company of the Bandai Namco group, is a new breed of studio working with top talents to create high-quality, compelling content for global audiences. By employing a true transmedia approach, where content is built outwards from fully fleshed “Storyworlds”, the company is able to tell richer, deeper stories that connect with fans everywhere.
The candidate will work in a multi-disciplinary collaborative environment to create models within the technical requirements of the game to ensure synergy between the environment, its content, and the technology used.
- Create models and assemble scenes for both architectural and organic environments with consideration of the narrative and visual storytelling;
- Trouble-shoot levels and maintain them to stay in frame rate, memory, and design spec;
- Must cooperate effectively with other artists and designers;
- Ensure that artistic style is consistent with the game’s visual style;
- Ensure application of best practices, production pipelines, and workflows.
- Minimum of three (3) years of relevant experience as an Environment Artist in the game industry;
- Bachelor’s degree or college diploma in Graphics Design, Art or equivalent training or experience;
- Shipped at least 1 game as an Environment Artist, preferably on a ‘AAA’ console title;
- An exceptional understanding of form, shape, structure, and silhouette in regard to modeling;
- Proficient with 3D modeling software like 3Ds Max, Maya;
- Experience in both hard surface and organic modeling;
- Experienced with PBR pipeline;
- Excellent knowledge of lighting, composition, color and value in environmental design;
- Self-motivated- requires minimal direction, can carry on the vision for the level until completion and commit to deadlines;
- Great team-player attitude - being flexible with new ideas, being open to direction and changes.
- Listening to team mates;
- Able to help others and ask for help when needed.
- Being proactive in sharing info and assets;
- Experienced with Substance is a plus;
- Experienced with Unreal is a plus;
- Strong communication skills in French and English, both oral and written.