Headquartered in Montreal, Reflector, a company of the Bandai Namco group, is a new breed of studio working with top talents to create high-quality, compelling content for global audiences. By employing a true transmedia approach, where content is built outwards from fully fleshed “Storyworlds”, the company is able to tell richer, deeper stories that connect with fans everywhere.
The successful candidate will provide constant support to their assigned development cell and to production as a whole, by ensuring all changes submitted to the game are functional and to the expected quality level.
- Understand their role as part of the team is to optimise the quality of the game;
- Find and report bugs in a clear and concise manner;
- Perform regular regression to validate that bugs are fixed;
- Execute all test cases as defined by the lead, respecting fixed productivity and quality targets;
- Validate new content, features and fixes from the development team for both quality and functionality before those changes are submitted to the game;
- Track bugs entered in the database (Jira) by external testing team, and manage the assignment of those bugs respecting internal priority system;
- Proactively give feedback on the significance of the bugs encountered, the status of the build and your perception of the game’s quality;
- Work autonomously, prioritising work in accordance with the project’s needs;
- Assure the quality of production tools before they are shared with the development teams;
- Complete smoke tests on specific versions before they are sent to Functional QA;
- Maintain good communications and productive collaboration with all QA team members and the development team;
- Collaborate with the Functionality QA teams for the duration of development;
- Constantly communicate issues encountered to team members and developers;
- Determine test needs with development teams, Associate Producers and Production Coordinators;
- Work closely with the Lead QA to create and complete test plans and draft reports.
- Minimum two (2) years of relevant experience as a Dev tester;
- Shipped at least 2 games, preferably on a ‘AAA’ console title;
- Experience with AI functionality;
- Knowledge of video games industry and common terms of reference;
- Knowledge of the Windows environment;
- Familiar with Microsoft-based products;
- Ability to work under pressure and meet short deadlines;
- Knowledge of console operations is an asset;
- Good team player;
- Ability to adapt to change;
- Ability to organize and work with lots of information efficiently;
- Strong communication skills in French and English, both oral and written.