Headquartered in Montreal, Reflector, a company of the Bandai Namco group, is a new breed of studio working with top talents to create high-quality, compelling content for global audiences. By employing a true transmedia approach, where content is built outwards from fully fleshed “Storyworlds”, the company is able to tell richer, deeper stories that connect with fans everywhere.
The Gameplay Programmer will be part of a team building gameplay features on an exceptional game. You will collaborate with programmers, designers and artists while acting as a technical expert for the gameplay features.
- Pro-actively collaborate with designers and artists to implement and refine gameplay features;
- Build gameplay systems from scope definition and testing stages to full implementation;
- Identify technical issues and help solve them;
- Support the team with your expertise and help maintain best development practices.
- 6+ years experience as a programmer in the gaming industry;
- Shipped 1+ games with Unreal engine on PC, console or mobile;
- Expertise with object-oriented analysis, design and development;
- Good C++ programming skills;
- Experience working with other people's code;
- Good understanding of gameplay technologies and can use your technical knowledge in various areas such as mathematics, physics, and animation to implement performance aware gameplay features;
- Ability to work in an iterative environment with game designers to quickly deliver gameplay feature prototypes;
- Proficiency to communicate with all disciplines within a game development project;
- Good skills defining and implanting data-driven designs;
- A commitment to collaboration, teamwork and getting the job done;
- Creativity and a passion for developing and playing games;
- Strong communication skills in French and English, both oral and written.