Headquartered in Montreal, Reflector, a company of the Bandai Namco group, is a new breed of studio working with top talents to create high-quality, compelling content for global audiences. By employing a true transmedia approach, where content is built outwards from fully fleshed “Storyworlds”, the company is able to tell richer, deeper stories that connect with fans everywhere.
As a Technical Animator, you will be responsible of influencing, defining and managing the animation pipeline, creating the character rigs, developing tools for the Animation team, and work on any other relevant technical animation task.
- Develop, test and maintain complex animations systems in collaboration with animators, gameplay programmers and other team members;
- Assist the design, integration and validation of animation assets;
- Participate in the conceptualization of the behavior and abilities of the game’s characters;
- Work with the animation team to define, create and maintain the animation pipeline;
- Provide constant technical support on the animation tools and engine to the animation team;
- Ability to use the engine debug tools to solve gameplay problems and work with designers and programmers to find a solution;
- Train animators in workflow, tools and anything else surrounding implementation of animation assets into the game-engine.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in game development or equivalent;
- Thorough knowledge of at least one programming or scripting language;
- Thorough knowledge of at least one DCC (3DSMax, Maya, Motion Builder, etc.);
- A good understanding of the anatomy;
- A fundamental understanding of animation;
- Experience with ‘retargeting animation’;
- ‘Rigged’ at least one complex character or object (with a video link);
- Experience with Unreal 4;
- Knowledge in ‘shader’;
- Good communication skills and good ability to clearly document any work;
- Have a general knowledge of video games and the methods used by developers to create them;
- Have experience with facial animation;
- Have a curious nature and a thirst for knowledge;
- Experience working on an AAA game from conception to publication to release a strong asset;
- Team building skills;
- Proven problem solving skills adapted to a fast iteration development environment.