Headquartered in Montreal, Reflector, a company of the Bandai Namco group, is a new breed of studio working with top talents to create high-quality, compelling content for global audiences. By employing a true transmedia approach, where content is built outwards from fully fleshed “Storyworlds”, the company is able to tell richer, deeper stories that connect with fans everywhere.
Reporting directly to the technical director, le technical artist will work within a collaborative multidiscipline environment, defining artistic solutions and procedures that meet the requirements of the project’s design and technical bibles.
- Work under the direct responsibility of the technical director
- Collaborate closely with the designers, other artists and programmers to define technically and visually satisfying solutions
- Experiment heavily with game engine to determine best technical approaches
- Help establish best practices for creating art assets, VFX, shaders, ..
- Track art assets, and optimize in-game budgets
- Adapt to artistic and technical constraints to create tools, processes and benchmarks that maximize production flow
- Provide daily support to art and technical team
- Ensure the creation of technical documentation to be used by art production teams
- High-level artistic sensibilities and strong technical skills
- At least 4 years of equivalent work experience in game industry
- Expertise with shaders programming and/or VFX design
- Proficient with 3DS Max, Maya, Photoshop, Unreal, Substance and Houdini;
- Solid scripting skills (MaxScript, Python, C#, …)
- Significant experience with game engines, and overall understanding of the artistic pipeline and workflow
- Autonomous and flexible with work organization
- Passionate about games and entertainment.
- Good interpersonal and oral and written communication skills
- Ability to adapt to change