Headquartered in Montreal, Reflector, a company of the Bandai Namco group, is a new breed of studio working with top talents to create high-quality, compelling content for global audiences. By employing a true transmedia approach, where content is built outwards from fully fleshed “Storyworlds”, the company is able to tell richer, deeper stories that connect with fans everywhere.
As a Lead 3D Artist / Outsourcing, you will work in a multidisciplinary collaborative environment where you will supervise the creation of 3D models by an external studio, as well as by an internal team, working within the limits of the technical requirements of the game to ensure synergy between the environment, its content and the technology used.
- Create exceptional 3D assets according to production needs and constraints
- Supervise a team of modelers
- Coordinate and supervise the object bank of the project
- Coordinate and supervise the production of objects by an external studio, ensure communication and control the quality of the work produced
- Work closely with other members of the artistic team to ensure consistently high quality throughout the project
- Collaborate with the design team to maintain gameplay requirements
- Collaborate with the team of technical artists to maintain performance requirements
- Maintain quality, efficiency, and consistency in your work
- At least two years of professional experience in video game development;
- Ability to create high quality, game-ready 3D assets efficiently (weapons, vehicles, accessories);
- Excellent understanding of Photoshop, ZBrush, Substance and 3ds Max;
- Understanding of the pipeline and creative processes specific to the video game industry;
- Good communication skills and ability to work well in a team environment;
- Willingness to receive and respond appropriately to criticism from the art director or other team members;
- Willingness to continue to learn and improve your own skills;
- Strong interest in video games;
- Adaptability and versatility: a winning attitude;
- Previous experience with Unreal is an asset;
- Strong communication skills in French and English, both oral and written.