Headquartered in Montreal, Reflector, a company of the Bandai Namco group, is a new breed of studio working with top talents to create high-quality, compelling content for global audiences. By employing a true transmedia approach, where content is built outwards from fully fleshed “Storyworlds”, the company is able to tell richer, deeper stories that connect with fans everywhere.
Reflector is looking for a gifted and versatile IP Concept Artist to participate in the development of our transmedia products. The IP Art team is in charge of working across multiple disciplines and creating the artistic vision for the entire IP universe. While working under the guidance of the IP Art Director, the Concept Artist will work in a cooperative and interdisciplinary team environment to help further conceptualize the universe of the IP. This work will cover multiple art styles and encompass characters, environments, props, and more. An academic understanding of the form, structure, color and exceptional lighting and a particularly creative imagination are essential to the position. The focus is on Comic Books, Novels, Web series, Feature Films, Podcasts, and a digital platform. While there is some alignment and consistency needed with the game development team, this is not a videogame position nor a focus on games.
- Create marketing and promotional art;
- Create art assets for pro-production, production, and post-production;
- Create sketches, studies and designs of characters, locations, artifacts and unique IP elements;
- Create environmental studies, atmospheric elements and screen overlays (paint overs);
- Communicate with production artists to clarify the concepts to achieve delivery dates;
- Participate in meetings to share ideas and knowledge;
- Identify the requirements of each product, by having on hand all necessary reference materials, including the art direction and the technological requirements;
- Create initial concepts from basic sketches, and then add the details required to reach final and specific concepts.
- Act as a reference for the art team in relation to various artistic elements and help find solutions to complex issues;
- Participate actively in the implementation and usage of more efficient work methods;
- Communicate and collaborate with the key stakeholders to confirm task direction and ensure consistency of work within the team;
- Communicate effectively complex visual intentions of your work to the rest of the art team.
- Bachelor's degree in graphic arts, drawing, art, visual arts or equivalent or related fields;
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience as a Concept Artist and /or Illustrator;
- A demonstrable background in traditional art and art history is preferred;
- Expert level understanding of colour theory, perspective, and anatomy, as well as a firm grasp on dramatic lighting for film;
- Demonstrate an ability and willingness to work in multiple styles, from photoreal to highly stylized;
- A background in, or experience with, entertainment design and with product design is an asset;
- A firm, demonstrable understanding of how 2D designs translates into 3D spaces;
- Skills in digital painting;
- Skill in motion graphics, an asset;
- Knowledge of visual storytelling, storyboarding for cinematic or other;
- In-depth knowledge of drawing software solutions;
- Able to work under pressure and sometimes according to dates and onerous deadlines;
- Strong communication skills in French and English, both oral and written.